Azari Law Scholarship
As one of the top criminal defense and personal injury law firms in Laurel, MD, Azari Law, LLC is committed to:
- Providing students with assistance in obtaining a higher education
- Taking some of the financial burdens off of hard-working students
All students should have the opportunity to attend college and achieve their goals. We are offering a scholarship opportunity for college and college-bound students who understand how to overcome life’s challenges and are committed to building useful lives, pursuing higher education, and achieving career success.
Omid Azari, Esq. has fought for those who cannot fight for themselves. He has a renowned reputation for thinking outside the box and obtaining the best possible outcomes for people with legal challenges. He leaves no stone unturned while zealously protecting the legal rights of individuals. He is determined to spread the message about the importance of providing equal access to the civil justice system to all. To that end, Azari Law, LLC created a scholarship to students either currently enrolled, or who plan to enroll, in a program consistent with this vision.
Mr. Azari values education and learning and is committed to continually refining his expertise and skill. He stays on the cutting edge of criminal defense and personal injury law through training with organizations such as the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) DWI Detection and Standardized Field Testing. He understands that gaining knowledge and using it effectively keeps him at the forefront of his profession.
Education is a critical cornerstone upon which future leaders are made, and providing financial assistance to those in need is crucial. Therefore, Azari Law, LLC strives to ensure that all individuals, regardless of their socioeconomic status, have access to academic, interpersonal, and community opportunities.
Scholarship Application Guidelines
► Essay Prompt:
- What is one challenging or traumatic experience you experienced in your life, and how did you overcome it?
- How has this event affected your education?
- How has overcoming this event prepared you to meet the challenges of higher learning?
- How will college attendance demonstrate your determination to move forward in your life, following your challenging experience?
- What college are you attending or planning on attending?
► Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited high school, community college, undergraduate, or graduate program in the United States. This includes high school Juniors or Seniors, high school graduates, or those who possess a GED.
Applicants must be enrolled as either an undergraduate or in their final year of high school.
► Applicants must be age 17 or older.
The Azari Law, LLC Scholarship funds can be applied to tuition, books, and/or other fees at the high school, undergraduate, or graduate program in the United States where the recipient will enroll or is currently enrolled.
► Application Materials
All applicants need to submit the following application materials by November 15, 2021:
- A completed Scholarship Application (provided on our website).
- An essay (1000 word limit) on the topic (essay prompt) listed above.
- A valid transcript (high school, college, or university) reflecting current academic standing, including at least a 3.0 GPA and proof of acceptance and/or enrollment.
Failure to include all required application materials will result in a rejection of the application.
The selected student will be notified of their selection for the $1,000 award in December 2021.
Eligible applications must be completed and received or postmarked no later than November 15, 2021. Applicants may submit their materials electronically or via mail.
The Azari Law, LLC Scholarship winner will be announced in December 2021.
Applications submitted by email should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Emailed applications should contain the subject “The Azari Law, LLC Scholarship 2021.”
Paper applications should be mailed to:
Azari Law, LLC Scholarship
304 Montgomery St, 2nd Floor
Laurel, Maryland 20707