Car Accident Lawyer Silver Spring, MD
When you are wondering what you should do after a car accident, you should seek the help of a car accident lawyer Silver Spring, MD trusts from Azari Law, LLC. We understand that there may be unexpected trauma after being in an accident and that things are even more overwhelming when you make the decision to file a personal injury claim. However, you do not have to do this alone. You should reach out to an attorney you can rely on when making a claim so that we can gather evidence for you and begin preparing your claim. For more information on what we can do for you during this time, give our office a call to schedule a consultation.
What to Do After a Car Accident
There are many things that you can do after you have been the victim in a car accident. Unless you were in a minor fender bender, you may realize quickly that you have serious injuries and that you need to be seen by a medical professional. Here are a few things that you can do to make sure you have what you need when you have been in an auto accident.
- Get Information. When you have been in an auto accident, you will want to make sure you have information from everyone involved. This could be the other driver, passengers, a bicyclist, or a pedestrian. If someone else was involved in the accident, they will be important to your claim. Similarly, if there were any witnesses to the accident, you will want to make sure you have their information to give to your Silver Spring, Maryland car accident lawyer.
- Write Down the Details. The details of your car accident are very important. You will want to take note of the weather conditions, the road conditions, the speed limit, if anything was blocking signs or signals, and information about where you were coming from and where the other driver was coming from.
- Keep Your Feelings in Check. We get it: when someone else’s car hits you, you may be experiencing a range of emotions. You might be angry, hurt, sad, or even traumatized. You have every right to feel these emotions. However, it is best to keep your thoughts to yourself while you are at the accident scene. You may say something that could harm your claim even if it is the other driver’s responsibility.
Silver Spring, MD Car Accident Lawyer
Working with a Silver Spring, MD car accident lawyer should be one of the first considerations by victims should they suffer injuries and experience damages from an accident. After a car accident, victims will be left to contend with injuries, financial loss, property loss, and more. As a result, the life they once knew could be permanently altered, especially if the sustained injuries leave them with debilitations that make it difficult to carry out their daily duties. Victims have a right to pursue damages for their losses. Still, many may find that the process can be convoluted without a professional like Azari Law, LLC., especially when contending with injuries. However, a lawyer can assist with building a legal case that allows the victim to gain compensation for their losses. However, managing the legal components of an accident can be complicated for someone without the proper legal knowledge, and having support from a legal professional can play a vital role during the process and ensuring the questions are answered:
What are common reasons for car accidents?
Car accidents are prevalent, and in some cases, these accidents may not result in injuries. However, when they do, a car accident’s impact can be incredibly and far-reaching. Common reasons for car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving
- Driving Under the Influence
- Reckless Driving
- Driving Too Fast
- Not Following Laws and Regulations
- Poor Road Conditions
What are the key types of evidence that can support a negligence claim after a car accident?
Victims of car accidents hold the burden of proof; because of this, they are responsible for proving that the negligent party was responsible for the accident. A Silver Spring car accident lawyer will request evidence in support of the claim when strategizing the case. Key evidence can include:
- Police Reports
- Medical Expenses
- Eye Witness Statements
- Personal Accounts
How does a lawyer determine the value of a car accident claim?
When an accident victim speaks with a lawyer, one of the first things they will want to know is the value of their claim should they pursue legal action. It’s important to be aware that lawyers will only be able to assign value to a legal claim once they have carefully reviewed each detail of the case. These details will include the details of the accident and the damages. Once they have determined that moving forward is warranted, they will carefully review the damages to determine a proper case value. To do so, victims will need to have an understanding of these damages. Typically, the value of the case is calculated by damages which can include:
- Lost Wages
- Medical Expenses
- Pain & Suffering
- Loss of Consortium
- Wrongful Death
- Property Damages
How long does it take to resolve a car accident case?
The length of time it may take to resolve a car accident can vary depending on the route taken. The process can take months and even a year to settle in situations involving a claim with the insurance company. However, when a lawsuit is filed, a resolution may take much longer.
Accidents of this nature can leave a lasting impact on victims and their families. Still, with help from a Silver Spring car accident lawyer from Azari Law, LLC., it’s possible to receive a favorable outcome after such a traumatic event.